Your ideas, please!
The UKSG publishes an Open Access e-book called "The E-Resource Management Handbook", which is intended to be an evolving source of comprehensive support for information community practitioners. The Handbook has been well-reviewed and currently covers subjects such as:
we invite you to contribute suggestions for new chapters. For example:
- Could you identify discrete aspects of your profession (whether that is librarianship, publishing, marketing, technology, information management...) to which you, or your colleagues and peers, could use a practical guide?
- Have you recently sought information about a topic only to find the current literature is inadequate, out-of-date or irrelevant to your particular needs?
- Is there an area in which you have expertise from which you think the wider community could benefit?
- Are you aware of emerging technologies, new product categories, evolving business functions or changing supply chain processes that need to be documented?
- Would you say there are developments outside of our core community (e.g. political, economic, social, technical, legal, environmental) which nonetheless have an impact on our activities and could usefully be assessed within our context?